Stacy Helene Slupek
Stacy Slupek was drawn to family law after practicing many years primarily as a guardian ad litem and legal advocate for children and families in crisis. Stacy provides compassionate and skilled advocacy for her clients, helping them navigate the court process during what is usually the most emotionally tumultuous time of their lives.
Stacy specializes in child custody disputes, recognizing that every client with children must continue a co-parenting relationship with the other parent long after final orders have been entered and the attorney's work is done. Mindful of that reality, Stacy listens to her clients, focusing on their long-term goals for themselves and their families, with the aim of minimizing conflict whenever possible. Stacy is also a fierce and passionate advocate for her clients when settlement is not option.
Stacy is a native of Virginia, and after receiving her law degree from William and Mary, she made her way to Colorado, where she practiced in the areas of domestic relations, dependency and neglect, adoption, juvenile justice, and criminal appeals. After becoming an adoptive parent herself, Stacy stepped away from her legal career to raise her children before returning to practice exclusively in the area of family law.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law 100%
- Colorado, 1997
- William and Mary Law School, Williamsburg, Virginia
- J.D. - 1997
- George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia
- B.A. - 1993
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Government and Politics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association, Member, Present
- Douglas/Elbert Bar Association, Member, Present
- CBA Family Law Section, Member, Present
- Dylla Family Law, PLLC , Attorney, 2022 to 2023
- Office of the Guardian ad Litem, Attorney, 2000 to 2005